Summary of Position:
As a member of the executive team and reporting directly to the CEO, the position holder will direct and manage all activities of the plant operations consistent with company goals and expectations, provide leadership to promote revenue, profitability and growth. The Operations Manager will oversee and ensure production efficiency, quality, and cost effective management of resources. This includes but not limited to, meeting customer requirements, managing manufacturing assembly systems, inventory control and personnel management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily activities of plant operations.
- Develop strategic and tactical planning to meet and exceed productivity, quality, and reduce costs.
- Manage the facility equipment/tools/fixtures for production.
- Manage supply chain including inventory of materials, parts, and components.
- Insure drawings, shop manuals, technical data and processing procedures are updated and accessible to employees.
- Hire and train plant employees to promote development consistent with company policies and to measure job performance relative to predetermined standard of quality performance.
- Maintain functional relationships with all departments with emphasis on Sales and Engineering to ensure an orderly flow of business.
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas, and actively promote employee safety throughout the plant with lean principles.
- Perform duties as assigned.
Education and/or Job Experience:
- Four year degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience in aircraft manufacturing/assembly.
- 5-10 years of operational management experience in manufacturing
and assembly. ie. shop floor management, supply chain management, manufacturing engineering, and working knowledge of HR and Accounting.
- Self motivated team player/leader.
- Ability to handle daily management of shop floor workers.
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing practices.
- Working knowledge of ERP, computer literate.
- Must have ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
Equal Opportunity Employer